Integer params become taichi.lang.expr.Expr

The definition is @ti.kernel def nn1(f: ti.i32, t: ti.i32): # hidden 1.
f is a param from the function calling it and t is the current index in for loop.

The call stack goes like this:
File "D:\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\taichi\lang\kernel.py", line 287, in __call__ return self.compiled_functions[key](*args)
File "D:\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\taichi\lang\kernel.py", line 243, in func__ raise KernelArgError(i, needed, provided)
taichi.lang.kernel.KernelArgError: (0, DataType.int32, <class 'taichi.lang.expr.Expr'>)
I substitute both params for zero and get similar errors that only differ on 0 and 1.
I am not sure if it was some kind of AST stuff, but I suppose the kernel requires me to pass in two integer parameters and both of them are expression now. Could you tell me what should I do to convert the type(perhaps explicitly)?

I am reading more example code. One of the possible reasons might be the neural kernel is called in taichi scope while in rigid body and other examples nn s are usually called in Python scope. Is it possible to nest multiple kernels together with such network?

Sorry about the delay and confusion. Invoking Taichi kernels within Taichi kernels is not allowed. You would rather split them into multiple kernels.

I have merged them into one kernel p2g (to replace the determinant) and I find the backward p2g_0__grad cannot compile.
I suppose it is some kind of auto grad problem with inappropriate local variables.
The error goes like this
[E 12/17/19 16:17:16.965] [make_adjoint.cpp:taichi::Tlang::MakeAdjoint::visit@274] Not Implemented. [E 12/17/19 16:17:16.965] Received signal 22 (SIGABRT)
which hits
void visit(LocalStoreStmt *stmt) override{TC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED}
What can I do to amend this

Sorry about that. Could you share the code with me via email (yuanmhu@gmail.com) so that I can take a look? There are some constraints on Taichi kernels to be differentiable.

Thanks I’ve sent the file